Fake Claim Policy
1. Policy Purpose
The purpose of this policy is to lay down the process & guidelines to deal with the forged claims submitted by the employees for reimbursement of their expenditures.
2. Policy Scope & Applicability
This policy encompasses all claim bills submitted by the employees for reimbursement of their expenditures incurred. Employees need to understand this policy very clearly and are expected to dissuade from submission of fake claims.
3. Classification of Fake Claims
The approving authority (RH and PM) and the Finance department is authorized to reject the claims of an employee if they are not genuine or are fake in nature.
A fraudulent claim is when a person misrepresents, alters or hides vital information with respect to his/her claim reimbursements with the intention of receiving payments higher than the expense incurred.
4. Process for Fake Claims
As a part of the reimbursement of employee claims policy, claims are subject to approval/verification at the following levels:
First Level – Reporting Head’s Approval
Second Level – Program Manager’s Approval
Third Level – Finance/Compliance Verification
During the approval/verification process, fake bills can be detected at any of these three levels. The following is the laid down process to deal with the fake claims:
– As soon as the fake bills are detected, the same shall be rejected as non-claimable and shall not be payable
– All such claims detected by Finance department shall be listed and intimated to the Corporate HR with full details by 23 rd of every month
– Once the list of defaulter employees is finalized, a “Show cause notice” shall be issued by HR to the employee seeking clarification on the fake bills submitted under intimation to his supervisor and HOD
-All defaulter employees must give their clarification on the fake bill queries latest by 27th of the month
– Tophawks has a Zero Tolerance policy towards “Forged/Fake claims”. Depending on the severity of the case a warning letter may be issued, or if it’s a severe misconduct or a second incident involving an employee – immediate termination without notice
period is the policy.
– If the clarification received from the employee is found satisfactory, the claim shall be payable otherwise it will not be payable
– Employees need to understand this policy very clearly and are expected to dissuade from submission of fake claims
- Claims Helpdesk
Please write to [email protected] for any clarification of your claims.
6. Confidentiality Information and Disclaimer
This communication is privileged and confidential and is directed to and for the exclusive use of Tophawks corporate employees. Information is subject to change without notice as a part of its business policy. No part of this policy document may be reproduced or copied in any form or by any means [graphic, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping, information retrieval systems, etc.] or reproduced on any disc, tape, perforated media or other information device etc. without the prior written permission of Tophawks authorized personnel. Breach of this condition will render a person liable for legal action. The use of Tophawks logo, in whatever manner, without prior written consent of Tophawks would attract legal action